Financial Planning Center
- Paying off Debt vs. Saving for Retirement
Should you save for retirement while still carrying debt?
- How Michiganders Can Save for Their Kids’ College
It can be tough to save for your children’s college costs when you’re still paying for your own, but Michigan offers several savings plans to help you save for their education sooner.
- Asset Bubbles: How They Form and How They Pop
Bubbles build, and then bubbles burst. But you can learn to spot one before it does.
- Why You Should Think Twice Before Saying “Yes” to a loan
Your lender was nice enough to work forbearances, deferments, and reduced payments plans into their offerings, but they all come with a hefty price tag.
- Set Up an Emergency Fund
Think of this as a DIY financial safety net.
- Tips for Easy Expense Tracking and Budgeting
Save money and time!
- Are You Making Serious Financial Mistakes?
Adjust your habits to enjoy more financial security.
- How to Choose the Right Budgeting and Accounting Solution
Whether you consider yourself a people person or an excel monkey will determine the best solution for you.
- Stressed Out About Your Finances?
Stress about money and finances has a significant impact on many Americans’ lives — but there are ways to reduce financial anxiety.
- Reducing Expenses vs. Increasing Income
While most of us would love to increase our income, reducing expenses is more controllable.
- One Quick Trick that Can Shave 25% Off a Loan
With some simple math and minimal investment, you can knock years off a mortgage, vehicle or student loan.
- Do You Know Your Debt-to-income Ratio? Your Lender Does...
Your debt-to-income ratio has huge ramifications on your financial well-being. Make sure to know where you stand.